Partner with skilled craftspeople to provide products and services
that exceed our customers expectations while improving the quality
of life of our employees and benefiting the community.
"A family business since 1948 - now
that's a sign of value."
Our Founders Slogan:
"A business without a sign is a sign of no business."
Macon Signs is the oldest sign business in Middle Georgia.
The late Z.D. Humphrey bought the company, then known as Macon Neon
Signs in 1948. Throughout the years he remained the catalyst
for the business. Major stockholders included Ted Turner, Harold
Cook, Harry Parham, Curtis Sandefur and Bud Phillips. Together they
built a team of highly skilled craftsmen who were recognized as
leaders of the industry.
Mr. Humphrey died in 1989 and left controlling
interest to his three daughters: Linda Embry, Martha Tisdale and
Reba Jenkins. Over time, Martha and her son Scott have acquired sole
ownership of the company. Their goal is to continue to grow the
business as the absolute best provider of custom made signs in the
area. Scott is currently Middle Georgia's only certified EDS
electronic message center technician and a third generation
participant in this family effort.
In it's role as a technological leader in the sign
industry, Macon Signs introduced fiber optic lighting to Middle
Georgia in 1997.